Saturday, February 26, 2022

I made my first wallet and now can't stop!

 I have spent quite a bit of time looking for a wallet pattern that I like and wanted to make. While there are lots of patterns online - both free and for purchase - I decided to design my own so that I could have it the size I wanted and with the appropriate pockets and slots for my needs specifically. 



This then led me to want to share a basic wallet pattern with everyone else. There are many variations that could be added to this wallet if desired also. 

So, I spent a little time putting a pattern with detailed assembly instructions for anyone who wants to try their hand at making one for themselves.  
I will confess, I have left off some details - like the outside pocket, zipper for the inner pocket and trim work - for this basic pattern.

Fear not, the basic wallet is only the first of many more to come. I think I've developed an slight addiction to wallets and will surely be designing others - and will share them with you also. This first one is meant to be a starting point that is fairly easy to make for those just starting out. 

You can find the pattern here

This is my first attempt at sharing a file instead of just typing a new page on this blog. If you have any trouble accessing or using the file, please let me know. 

Also, if there are any part of the instructions that do not make sense or you find an error, let me know and I will correct or clarify as needed. 

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts